Tags: area, bladder, bouts, cystitis, drugs, feel, health, infection, kidney, medications, overactive, pain, system, urinary
Cystitis VS Overactive bladder...
I have bouts where I feel like I have a horrible bladder infection but I don't. Pain like I really have to go, in the bladder area, even after I just went. Post elimination dribbling. :eek: Frequency and urgency. Spasm like feelings in my bladder that are extremely uncomfortable, and I can sit and push little bits of pee out after I go. sometimes I just sit there a push little bits out a few times after I am finished. I still feel like I could go more. Never any full releif.
I seem to always have - no matter what - a uncomfortable sensation in my bladder. Sometimes I can put it out of my head, and other times it is so bad it overwhelms me (like right now).
My GP mentioned Cystitis and refered me to a Urologist. I have not gone. It seems that if I do have Cystitis there is really nothing they can do, except charge me $1000's of dollars in tests only to give me a drug that will make my hair fall out and gain 20lbs :eek: !! Is there really a point to the diagnosis of Cystitis? Could I just have overactive bladder?
Am I now living a lifetime of chronic pain? No one belives me. No one takes it seriously. My fiance is getting upset with me becasue I have no sex drive. I just want to cry!
Should I make an appt. with the Urologist? I cannot have a cystoscopy(sp?). I cannot afford it. Seems silly to be tested for something there is no cure for. :confused: Why do they do it?
Please someone with Cystitis help me. I feel so alone with this. It is making me irritable and really affecting my life.
Leave a comment...
- 8 Comments
- Could someone please reply!!! Thanks#1; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:33:00 GMT
- Go for the test! at least you will know, then you can start to change your diet. I have been on Elmiron, & my hair is a LITTLE bit thinning,,i can live with it,,i have NOT gained wieght. at least i dont get up 5X a nite to pee...:)
Its really up to you,,,what kind of quality of life do you want?
I hear ya about the costs of the tests...its frustrating~~ :(
I use to be PUT off of sex b/c it hurt b/c my bladder always felt "full"..but im feeling so much better. you have alot to think about. feel free to ask me anything~~
Have you checked out ichelp.com?
Good luck~~ :p#2; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:34:00 GMT
- Thanks for the help!! I did check out that site - thanks! Something crazy is that I have been told that I may have fibromyalgia due to some symptoms that I am having. I thought It was WAY to weird to have two chronic conditions. Well, that site said that IC sufferers may also have fibro. I guess I am not nuts afterall. My fiance laughed when I told him and my sister said that I am being a hyperchondriac. :rolleyes: I still don't know if I will have the tests done. I have a two year old and a job that I cannot take off from. Maybe in the future. I guess now I will just go about this by myself.#3; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:35:00 GMT
- There are other drugs to try for IC then Elmiron. There are instills and tons of pills to try. They will have to do tests to make sure if it is IC or not but that is the only way to find out for sure. Not all drugs will cause the weight gain and if it is IC you may have to try out many things before something will help. I have heparin instills into the bladder that help me some. Plus I wear a tens unit. Don't give up and don't take "no" for an answer when it comes to doctors and getting help.#4; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:36:00 GMT
- One more thing. A year after the IC started for me I started to feel achy and really tired. That was from the IC as well. I didn't know this until doing some research. I take a pill called cystopek (the algonot company makes it). It's all natural and for heeling the bladder. I do not ache at all since I started taking it ( started helping on the second day) and I don't feel like I'm dragging anymore. Still tired but I think that is due to the pain. The tests to see if it is IC don't take that long. You may miss two days of work from them. That's the one where they distend the bladder and take a biopsy. Do you have anyone to take care of the your child so you can do this? I' not trying to be pushy or antying but there may be something out there that would help you.#5; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:37:00 GMT
- Hi-read your story and was amazed at the similiarity to my own..49 yr old healthy male..Ive had this extreme urinary frequency urge problem for years..I have a urinal bottle by my bed and use it 5-8 times a nite..My life is basically controlled by where and when i can urinate..I also have fibro symtoms that come and go..All physicals-bloodworks normal..Stress and caffiene are big players in this..also alcohol would but i havent had any in 16 years..guess this deal all comes down to my acceptance of this big uncurablre problem..could be worse,but i pray for better#6; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:38:00 GMT
- have guys been tested for mycoplasma infections? they don't show up on routine tests because the bacteria lacks a cell wall. most doctors are very ignorant on this subject. as well, a lot of labs don't have the best testing equipment. maybe look into mycoplasma infection and broth testing?#7; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:39:00 GMT
- What is broth testing?#8; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:40:00 GMT