Tags: abdominal, complaining, constant, diagnosis, drugs, finally, health, kidney, leakage, medications, minor, pelvic, pressure, spasms, system, urethral, urge, urinary, urinate
DIAGNOSIS, FINALLY, HOPEFULLY
I've posted several times before..complaining of constant urge to urinate, pelvic/lower abdominal pressure, urethral spasms, minor leakage..had UTI, it cleared up..came back, cleared up..all the while still having symptoms, even when no infection was present.took 1 round of cipro and 3 rounds of Bactrim..was still having symptoms...finally sent to urologist..had an IVP done on 5/7..showed a small stone in left kidney (dr said that wouldnt be causing my symptoms)..had a cystoscopy done today 5/21..it revealed "minor irritation of bladder wall"..dr said this would definitely cause my symptoms..gave me 3 days of Cipro (1 pill a day for 3 days) and Usept to take as needed.symptoms should abate soon..has anyone else ever been diagnosed with minor irritation of bladder wall?..if so what were your symptoms?..course of treatment and results?..any and all replies would be greatly appreciated...i've been dealing with this for 10 weeks now..stay well..diana http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/smile.gif
Leave a comment...
- 16 Comments
- Diana, I've had some problems with bladder and the colon. Mine was not empting the bladder often enough. It relaxed the bladder walls so much it forgot how to contract. And my colon wasn't empting either. IBS is what I have. But with the bladder I did have the spasms. It took forever for that to clear up. Caffine products is a big culprit. Try to stay away from those for a while. You have some different symtoms and problems than I did. Mine situation resulted with the diognosis of no nerves working down there, so now I empty every 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. Or I'm in major pain.
Try not to be to anxious, it did take quite awhile for my bladder to heal up.
My name is Diana too! lol...initials are DRS...go figure!#1; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:32:00 GMT
- I've been following your story as I have been having the exact same symtoms. What started out as a UTI ws difficult to clear up (I was on 4 different antibiotics). But the symptoms keep coming back...constant urge and a feeling that I need to go again afer going. No real major pain...and the symptoms have been less noticable lately...maybe I'm just getting used to it! I need to see my dr. soon so he can run more tests...fun... any advise?#2; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:33:00 GMT
- hello again.. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/smile.gif..i can say that today was the best day i've had in 10 weeks..i think i'm finally starting to get some relief.although i'm scared to say anything for fear of jinxing it...i can sympathize totally with how youre feeling.there arent too many feelings in this world that can make you go crazy as feeling like you constantly have to urinate..i've been totally overwhelmed by this feeling..if you havent already found yourself a reputable and trusted urologist, i would highly suggest that you do so soon...find one that wlll listen to your symptoms and show interest in your case..if my primary care dr would have listened to me sooner and referred me to a urologist sooner, i do believe it would have cut donw on alot of my stress..dr's these days dont like to listen.its as if they dont want to be bothered..my urologist listens to me, ran the right tests and hopefully has me on the road to recovery..keep me posted, both of you, on how youre doing..good luck with the dr's.. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/smile.gif..stay well..#3; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:34:00 GMT
- ds4832, I'm confused. You say you went to the urologist who diagnosed irritation of your bladder wall, gave you Cipro and you're feeling better. But your other doctor also gave you Cipro and you said it didn't help. I'm confused. Why is the Cipro from the urologist working when the Cipro from your doctor didn't? I'm sorry, but I don't see what the urologist did that was so different other than give you a diagnosis, but the treatment was no different from what you've already tried.#4; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:35:00 GMT
- I read your posts and cant help but to think that your symptoms match mine I have had recurrent infections for 4 months now with severe back pain been on all kinds of antibotics and was even hospitalized I went to a urologist and mine didnt seem to care he ordered a ivp and it came back normal and also a ct scan I am at such a loss about what to do I am so tired of being sick I hope u guys r feeling better I sure hate being sick#5; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:36:00 GMT
- the only thing that the uro can figure out is that when my primary dr gave me the Cipro (when i first had symptoms) my bladder wall was highly irritated to the point where the Cipro did nothing..with the 4 weeks of Bactrim (also from primary dr), the dye from the IVP (possibly helped wash out some bacteria/irritation), and the cystoscope (which could also have aided in washing out some of the bacteria/irritation), the irritation/bacteria will no respond to the Cipro since it isnt anywhere near as bad as when I first presented with symptoms...i'm hoping that the urologist is correct...#6; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:37:00 GMT
- Thanks for all the advise. I also took Cipro as my first antibiotic and it didn't work for me...strange!I will continue to use all the "words of wisdom" from everyone and will post any new developments.#7; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:38:00 GMT
- scmom, get yourself a good urologist..most primary care dr's dont want to address anything thats "difficult" to figure out..go figure!..i thought it was there job...maybe i'm wrong...who knows........i'm just thankful for the attentive urologist who is treating me now..he's very thorough and explains everything in detail...good luck and keep pressing your dr..having the symptoms that youre having is not normal, regardless of what your primary dr might tell you..mine kept telling me "theres no sign of infection..give it another week"..well that "another week" has turned in to 3 months..i'm thinking about changing primary dr's--hopefully finding one that will listen to me, since that is half of their job.........keep posting and let me know how youre feeling...... http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/smile.gif#8; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:40:00 GMT
- Hi everyone,
I'm SO glad I found this post! Well... in a way I'm glad because it practically outlines the EXACT symptoms I've been having, but in another way it worries me because some of you mention having put up with these irritations for months, and still haven't been properly diagnosed!
I had a UTI which cleared up within 24 hours of antibiotics, then 10 days after finishing the antibiotics I was diagnosed with another one.
The symptoms of that one have continued since they began (2 and a half weeks ago) although there is now no bacteria in my urine, so the doctors say its probably just 'irritation' from the UTI.
Yeah right! Not for this long!
My symptoms are hard to describe - its like a constant irritation around my urethral opening and clitoris, sort of stings more after peeing and usually I try to go more often to relieve the irritation. My bladder generally feels ok though, its more surface irritation. Anyone elses like this?
But its SO hard to deal with! I HATE not knowing whats wrong with me, and its making me a big ball of stress.
A few days ago I had absolutely no problems for like 3-4 days, then SUDDENLY it springs back up again of its own accord...ARGH!
I wish it would just stop! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/frown.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/frown.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/frown.gif
Tyger.#9; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:40:00 GMT
- Hi Tyger, I have been following you posts and have the exact same problem. Mine started in May with a uti. I took cipro and it seemed to clear up. Two weeks later it was back and after 4 different antibiotics it was gone...more or less. The irritating feeling persisted. I saw my ob/gyn in June and he said...drink more water and take the over the counter med (the one that turns your urine orange...the name escapes me!). He saw no problem and the urine test showed no infection.
September comes and the feeling is back. I called my doc for a uti and after the cipro I seemed ok. Now it the middle of the month and it's back...irritation...a slight burning after going ...pressure...burning with out urinating and a general feeling that something isn't right. If I am involved in work or busy I don't think about it...but it's always there! I plan to see my doc this week for a referral to a urologist (a female one). Please keep me posted as to your status. By the way I am 40, 2 boys, 7 and 17 months http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/smile.gif.#10; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:41:00 GMT
Wow, your symptoms really do sound exactly like mine. Irritation, discomfort around the urethral area (especially when I tense my pelvic floor muscles as if to pee, sometimes I get a slight sting then) and that constant feeling...'something's not right!'.
At this point the doctors are at a loss as to what it is (all bacteria has been cleared from the initial UTI, and now its just the damn *symptoms*). SO...they referred me to a gyno-urologist, who's first available appointment is in...mid-NOVEMBER. *groan*
Looks like I'm going to have to deal with this until then... I'm desperately hoping that this will just pass and be over with before then http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/frown.gif
I'll be sure to keep you updated on my condition, if you promise you will too! Best of luck to you,
Tyger.#11; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:42:00 GMT
- hi scmom (and others on this topic)...any update on your condition/diagnosis? Any improvements?
I'd really like to hear any experiences as I'm still suffering with this annoyance until the gyno-urologist can see me in November!
Tyger.#12; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:44:00 GMT
- Hi, as usual my symptoms went away so I didn't call. It's kind of hard to go in when there is nothing wrong today. When (notice I didn't say "if" !!) it all comes back I will call. How are you doing? I can't believe you have to wait so long to see someone. Keep me posted http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/smile.gif!#13; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:45:00 GMT
- Hi, as usual my symptoms went away so I didn't call. It's kind of hard to go in when there is nothing wrong today. When (notice I didn't say "if" !!) it all comes back I will call. How are you doing? I can't believe you have to wait so long to see someone. Keep me posted http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/smile.gif!#14; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:46:00 GMT
- Tyger, symptoms went away...I'm sure they will be back..and I will go in then. I can't believe you are not being seen until Nov. Are there any changes?#15; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:47:00 GMT
- Hi again scmom,
My symptoms have gone away too! FOR NOW. Because yes, its a matter of 'when' they come back, not 'if'.
At the moment I only have a slight irritation for half an hour or so after peeing, generally just in the evening. Its very subtle though, so I'm hopeful that things are calming down all the same http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/round.gif
I'll be sure to keep you posted, as always
Tyger http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/blob_fire.gif#16; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:48:00 GMT